lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:rj1997"

6 forum posts
Lichess Feedback - Losing on time when opponent has insufficient mating material#3

I was on the other end of this situation some time ago, and actually had a forced mate in the corner, but my opponent let his time run out and got a draw. I guess lichess has changed its rules since t…

rj1997
Lichess Feedback - Losing on time when opponent has insufficient mating material#1

Hi, I just played a game in which my opponent only had a bishop left when I ran out of time, but he was awarded the win. Is this a bug? https://lichess.org/zTsQdtbc7Pzv

rj1997
General Chess Discussion - (Chess Variant) Angel Chess.#8

If pieces can be placed to check, can't white win with back rank mate on move one?

rj1997
General Chess Discussion - Non-recursive check testing#2

Because you can't put your king under check, even if it means checking the other king. This can happen through a discovered check with the king in a game, which is illegal if it puts one's own king in…

rj1997
General Chess Discussion - Drawing a match with a mate in 1#4

Yeah, that's what makes it frustrating. But I guess this situation is extremely rare compared to positions where only a helpmate is possible, as mentioned in the other discussion. I just felt cheated …

rj1997
General Chess Discussion - Drawing a match with a mate in 1#1

Hi, I just played a game in which I had a forced mate next move in a common endgame position, but I only had a knight, so my opponent let his time run out and the game was a draw. Is there any way to …

rj1997